... go back to the year 1738. At that time today’s Hohe Straße 21 was an old Brinksitzerei (a historic type of smallholding).
Claus Wachtendorf builds a ballroom.
His son, Claus Diedrich Wachtendorf, extended the building with a mill and a bakery.
The ballroom was converted into a cinema.
Heinrich Burgdorf and Käthe Burgdorf (née Schote) buy the building.
Since 1980 ten rooms of the then newly modernised hotel annex have stood in the place once occupied by the ballroom then cinema.
In 2010, the extension was built at the front, towards Hohe Straße, where the bakery used to be located. The new bowling alleys are located on the premises of the former mill – hence the street name of “Mühlenweg”.
Since April 2015, 22 new Comfort rooms have been available for our guests in the new hotel building behind the main building.